Monday 24 August 2020

Monday Tasks

Monday 24th August 2020

Reading: Who Is Jacinda Ardern?

Today we are learning about who Jacinda Ardern is.
I read this article and this is what I now know about her.

Jacinda Ardern is the current Prime Minister.
She is the third female Prime Minister of New Zealand.
She joined politics when she was 17 because she didn't like seeing children without shoes or food.
She never gave up even though she lost the vote many times this has made her resilient.
I think she is not a hero because she is just doing her job.

Writing:

Today our task was to start thinking about heroes. I brainstormed ideas and wrote about my own qualities.




Maths:

We are learning about division. I watched some videos about different ways to solve division questions.
They were confusing. The way that I learnt it is to turn it around to a times table. Like 18 divided by 3 is the same as 3 times how many makes 18. Because I know lots of my times tables I know the answer is 6. 

Te Reo Maori:

The Maori work for hero is tuatangata.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ana,
    Absolutely amazing way of presnting your tasks. What a fantastic idea to post them altogether at once. You must have followed the timetable really well. Fabulous work Ana.
    I really like how you have shared your summary of the article you read about Jacinda Ardern. I am of the same opinion as you about Jacinda that I don't think she is a hero, shez just doing her job but I do think the same way as you about Sir Edmund Hillary- he built many schools for children who belonged to families who could not send their children to school because they could not afford to soend that much money. He changed the world for them. Anyone can do that and that's what makes us heroes. I have a feeling you will grow up to be a hero Ana. You have that something in you. I can see it. Just remember to keep in touch with your annoying Indian teacher in Year 5. (-:
    I like how you have explained what strategy you learnt from the video you watched from your division learning site.
    You are an excellent online learner! Watch out for the champion leaner board today as you might get a nice surprise.
    Keep up the awesome learning and sharing of your work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana,
    I like your post it is really cool and I agree that you are kind and polite,Stay safe,Luisapeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ana. You are working so hard on your home learning and Dad and I are very proud of your efforts. Keep working hard and always ask questions when you need to. Ofa atu

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughul - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.